Software for research comes in many different forms and technologies. This includes software that runs on mobile devices. The demand for this is growing, whether it is for “citizen-science” projects or in clinical and educational research. In this SORSE (online) roundtable event, we discuss
- examples of mobile apps for research
- what are the challenges for mobile apps in and for research. In particular:
- logistic of deploying and delivering mobile apps
- maintenance costs
- distribution of apps - what are the options
- how to build the right team for mobile apps development
- what technology stacks are used in mobile app development. And what determines the choice? Note: this event will be recorded for a podcast.